Friday, January 29, 2010

Always a Busy Baby

No matter what Kaisen and I have planned for our days, he's always so busy. There's always something to play with, something to check out, something or someone to talk to, something to fuss about.
Today was just another day at home. For some reason he woke up early this morning. 8:30! I don't know why he woke up so early. So we sat out in the living room and watched Teen Mom till 10 when he finally fell back asleep. Mommy enjoyed the 2 1/2 hour nap we got.
Later he helped Mommy with the dishes and laundry. And he tried carrots for the first time! He absolutely loved them...or at least I think he did. A lot of it ended up on his face rather than in his mouth. A few days ago I bought a jar of carrots, poured it into an ice cube tray and froze it. So today I took a frozen carrot cube and stuffed it in his mesh feeder. At one point, I could hear him chewing on the ice. Guess that's a keeper.




I don't know where I got this outfit from. I think it came in a group of clothes I had bought off Craigslist. Kaisen hadn't worn it yet and is getting close to growing out of his 3-6 month clothes. So I figured since we were just staying home all night, he could wear it. I have to admit, he looked a little dorky, but oh so adorable! It has a little reindeer head on the shirt, hat and both feet. It's cute.

BTW, yes those are socks he's eating. He has a couple pairs of socks just laying around the living room that he likes to carry around with him everywhere he goes. Not sure what's so cool about plain white socks, but they're quiet and cheap!
Last night when Kaisen woke up for his midnight snack, I was about out of bed to get him when John yelled "Kaisen!" Scared the crap out of me. I guess Kaisen was standing in his bassinet. Oh, how scary! For awhile I was using the excuse "our baby monitor sucks" so we didn't have to put Kaisen in his crib. But now we have a brand new monitor that works just fine. Now I have no excuses as to why he still sleeps in his bassinet, except I'm not ready for him to be so far away!! I think tonight, I just might give it a try though. *Sigh*

1 comment: