Friday, February 5, 2010

First Comes Standing, Then Comes Walking

Kaisen started the month of January barely sitting up by himself. It's amazing how far he has come in just over a month. He has 2 teeth already, can sit up by himself, can even put himself into a sitting position from his belly, can pull himself to a standing position and yesterday he started walking from one end of the couch to the other just to get my computer. I don't know what happened to my quiet little baby that would sit on the floor in his boppy for an hour. How did he get so old?
Well anyway, Tuesday the 2nd was Uncle Daniel's birthday so we went to lunch with him, Grandma and cousin Rylan. After that we ran to Walmart to grab something. While there I went to the baby isle (I do this every time I'm there now) and I saw Gerber baby yogurt on the shelf. Girls on my JM forum have been talking about it and said their babies loved it. So I decided to give it a try. Kaisen loves it! He actually opens his mouth for it! This is the kid that will not open his mouth for baby cereal, green beans (jarred and fresh), or bananas (jarred or fresh). He loves the yogurt though. So maybe this weekend I'll try giving him something else and see what he does.
Wednesday the 3rd was Daddy's birthday. So Kaisen and I took him to Destihl for dinner. Kaisen looked so handsome!


Yesterday Kaisen spent the day mastering the art of pulling himself to a stand. He did it on pretty much everything he could get his hands on. He had his share of falls and even got a little scrape on his forehead when he hit his head on the coffee table. He's a little monkey man, I tell ya.

Here's the video of him walking along the couch, headed straight for my computer. (sorry it's sideways)



I've also got some funny bath pics from last night. I remember the days when he'd lay on his back in the bath tub and all he could do was shake his hands and kick his legs. Then he started attacking his feet, rolling over, choking on water. Now all he wants to do is sit or stand up (which scares the crap out of Mommy!) in the tub.

His gorilla pose, I don't know where he learned that.

This weekend I have a scrapbooking event at a local hotel. We go this afternoon and come back Sunday afternoon. We did it in November and Kaisen was great. But now he's a mover and a stander, so we'll see how this weekend goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment