Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Maybe We Like Solids Afterall!

Long time no update! So we had the scrapbooking retreat last weekend. Kaisen did awesome! Uncle Daniel came everyday and really helped out, so I was able to get a lot of work done. The little time that Kaisen was in the room with me, he made it rough. He was trying to go every where and get into everything. But we had a blast as always. Hopefully they have another retreat in November. I won't be nursing Kaisen by then so he'll be staying home with Daddy. Here are some pics from our weekend:

Playing with Grandma's trash can.
Me, Kaisen, my friend Bre and her son Jaxon (1 month old)

Mom, me, Kaisen, Bre, Jaxon, Bre's mom, and our Creative Memories consultant, Cassie.


Monday he had his 6 month appt. It went very well. He had more shots. Thankfully no more shots till he's a year old! But he took them like a man! He cried when he got the shots, but Daddy picked him up when the nurse was done and then Kaisen was all smiles. He weighed in at 15lbs 12oz (below the 5th percentile according to babycenter.com) and is 28.5in long (75-90th percentile). He hasn't gained much since his last appt in Dec., but I'm sure that's because he's moving so much now. He's getting much better about eating his solids, so I'm sure he'll be gaining more weight soon.
Speaking of solids, ever since I gave him the yogurt he's been very good about eating most of what he's been given. Sunday night he ate a whole jar of applesauce (the first time he's eaten it). Last night he ate a whole jar of green beans. He tried sweet peas Monday night and liked those. I made carrots from him (boiled and pureed frozen carrots), but he didn't seem to like those too much. He's had the jarred carrots, but only in the mesh feeder. So maybe we'll try those again and see what he does. Yesterday I made applesauce and that was a big hit! He ate a bunch of it for lunch today. Today I made green beans and he doesn't like it as much as the jarred green beans, but he ate some. We went out to eat with my family tonight, so he was quite distracted too. Eating wasn't a priority.
Sunday night me, John, and Kaisen went to mom and dad's house. We ate dinner there and watched the game. Kaisen spent a lot of time playing with Rylan. Since Kaisen is older he interacts more with Rylan. Now they "talk" to each other, crawl over each other, and steal toys from each other. They're real fun to watch.
Yesterday we did a lot of shopping. We went to dinner at Fazoli's. John gave Kaisen the plastic lid from my salad and he played with that while we ate. Funny stuff!


After eating, we went to Chuck E Cheese. We like going there and just playing the games (mostly skee ball and basketball). Kaisen loves going there. There's so much to look at and play with. He wanted to ride one of the little trucks, so we let him.


I think that's all I have to update for now. To wrap up tonight's blog, a couple funny pics:


This is what's famously known as the "triple spoon". Grandma (who didn't want to be shown), Aunt Emily, and Kaisen.

Just a funny bath pic with his crazy hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment